WHY YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS HOME DELIVERY SERVICE
Business residential home deliveries have increased 10-fold due to COVID-19th. Residential delivery service is the most convenient way to get your products into the hands of your customers. In the past, we mostly saw it used for food deliveries. However, there are now many stores and businesses offering same-day -delivery service with some offering 2-hour delivery service options. Sephora, PetSmart, and Target are delivering same day.
Most importantly, due to the “Amazon effect,” consumer expectations for delivery are rapidly evolving. Purchasing decisions are becoming more and more influenced by the delivery experience versus any other type of interaction. Traditional delivery standards cannot meet the timeliness and quality that consumers are demanding and it’s quickly becoming a massive challenge for businesses nationwide.
*Data compiled by Invesp (https://www.invespcro.com/blog/same-day-delivery/)
There are three keys to success for residential delivery. You are probably already doing 2 of them, – taking orders and packing up the purchases. The third piece is the logistics. This piece is the trickiest and requires quite an investment if you try to handle it on your own.
The Disadvantage of In-House Delivery
- Increased costs related to the creation of logistics infrastructure
- Swelled labor costs
- Elevated operating costs
- Inconsistent delivery coverage due to inability to flex staff as needed
The Advantages of Outsourcing Home Deliveries to a Third- Party Logistics Company
- With a third-party logistics provider, you’re getting access to an entire fleet.
- Benefit from economies of scale by outsourcing to efficient, local fleets
- Third-party logistics drivers know the areas and the routes they should take to be the most efficient.
- Third-party logistics companies are staffed by local experts that ensure your shipments arrive consistently on time
Delivery Express Logistics’ Residential+ delivery service is exactly what you need to get your products to your customers where they most often are: at home. It’s our customizable, business-to-doorstep delivery service that offers our safest, individually tailored pickup and delivery service option. We provide your clients a service that feels like deliveries come directly from you, without the overhead of having to execute it yourself.
Rely on Residential+ from Delivery Express to meet your customers where they are and meet the delivery standards, they expect from business today!